Care instruction for your tattoo
2 Hours after your tattoo:
- Wash your hands and then carefully wash your tattoo with soap and water. Pat the tattoo with a towel or paper towel to dry.
- Wait 10 minutes after washing. Apply a thin layer of cream lotion (Aveeno, Curel) or Vitamin E oil. DO NOT USE Polysporin or other anti-biotic medications, they are made for infections only, your tattoo is not infected!
- You will need to clean and moisturize your tattoo at least 3 times a day for about 2 weeks.
During the healing of your tattoo:
- For the next 2 weeks, it is very important to not go tanning, whether it is in a tanning a bed or in the sun, you must avoid tanning at all costs.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs, Jacuzzis are also to be avoided. You can be exposed to bacteria in stagnant waters.
- Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo. In the following days, your skin with form flakes which will resemble a bad sunburn, they will fall off on their own, they should not be pulled out or scratched off. Doing so will interfere with the healing process and cause your tattoo to have blank spots.
Be vigilant! If you have any questions or if you are worried about your tattoo, don’t hesitate to call us or come in person. It will be our pleasure to help you. – From the staff at Tattoo Box. We are open everyday, from 12pm to 8pm 155 Avenue des Pins Est, Montréal, QC H2W 2C9. Telephone: (514) 759-6806. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org